Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Developing a menu for FIMO food

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AGOTemily's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherry, please let us know when you're officially ready to sell your FIMO creations.

    I coded the new AG party table (the one with floor cushions) and would love to have some Japanese goodies for it!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Potato chips!?? I'll have to think about that one. The coloring would be a problem unless I made something like Pringles -- oven baked and all one color. How many French fries would constitute one order?

    AGOTEmily, I'll PM you.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Could you use a crinkle cutter somehow and make chips that look like Wavy Lays? They could be one color. Or what about triangles for tortilla chips? Or you might be able to layer the chips in a little pile where it would be one larger piece instead of individual chips.

    Maybe 16 french fries to an order - that would be 4 each if you had 4 dolls you were wanting food for.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 04, 2005 11:53 AM: Message edited by: beccachris ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    see now, all the creative juices are flowing!

    Diana said she would definitely like to see cupcakes and pizza would be nice, but can you make it just plain cheese with some separate little toppings that can be added when you want them? Like 1/2 pepperoni and the other half plain? That was her idea.

    I don't know anything about the Fimo clay but it sounds like you're trying to make the cupcakes lighter by making them hollow in the middle. That would be fine with us as long as they don't crumble.

    I have a wavy slicer from Pampered Chef, something like that might work for your french fries or potato chips.

    How about chocolate chip cookies too, kids love those! Some better, more realistic sized vegetables too.

    Also from a cost viewpoint, have you exhausted all means of getting the Fimo clay at a discount? Where do you purchase it? (again, I know nothing about the clay itself) I'm sure if it was that you needed sale coupons (for 40% off at JoAnn's or Michaels) your customers could offer to send you their coupons for you to stock up on clay purchases. Is there anywhere for you to buy in bulk if you're really thinking about reselling now. Just an idea.

    Laurie

  5. #15
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to purchase some of your fimo food. I would suggest having meal catagories and then price each item in the category individually.

    For example, in the breakfast catagory you could have waffles, eggs and pancakes and people could order as many servings of each that they would like to pay for.

    I have a particular interest in snacks like your oreos and maybe some pretzels.


    Nann

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK now we're getting into foods I don't eat myself. Luckily there's a McD's on the first floor of my building so I can look at their breakfast menu signs. But what do 'easy over' eggs look like? My idea of breakfast is Skipping It.

    It appears that breakfast items will be popular because none of the AGs except Kit apparently are expected to eat breakfast. (I use Kit's waffle iron for waffles -- so mine are pretty similar to the ones that come in her set, only not rubbery.) Molly's PBJ sandwiches are easy. Does anyone else like chunks of cheese with crackers on the side, like I do? I make a mean Edam! And I made a mold of Kirsten's cheese.

    I can also make bizcochitos. What do chili ristras look like? I'll have to get a southwestern cookbook!

    Pizza PLUS loose toppings is OK if the child is old enough not to chomp down the toppings. I think I'll have to ask AG Moms to monitor this kind of thing. The pizza slice I have a mold of came with a pepperoni imprint but I could get rid of that. This is starting to sound like fun!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eggs over easy are cooked enough so that the yellow part is not runny, but not exactly hard either. Your sunny side up eggs would have a brighter yellow center and the over easy would have a paler yellow center, since they were cooked more. I put pepper on my eggs too, could you run a paint brush over the top of them with paint to give that splattered look of pepper?

    The watermelon slices sound wonderful, how about canteloupe too? Any kinds of fruit would be wonderful, either whole or sliced.

    Oooh, how about gummy worms or gummy bears for the AGT's! Licorice strings? sticks of gum?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just reading this thread gets me hungry and my mouth watery. I can imagine Cherry's FIMO food already - it will be so wonderful.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like a round pizza with it sliced into 4 sections. The loose toppings sound like a great idea, but I know they would be lost in my house. So our pizza has to have it's pepperoni cooked in. LOL

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll start by making tacos for whomever wants some at $3 per taco (plus shipping). I have to figure out what size pizza to make. I will also have to experiment with breakfast foods. Chocolate chip cookies are easy but I'd like to try some using my new pastry techniques before I promise any. Gummi bears would actually be difficult because of the texture (FIMO is hard) and the translucent quality of the candy -- it'll take some thought.

    Please keep the suggestions coming and I'll work on a few menus. I definitely think separate items (mix & match or more of one, etc.) are what will be most appealing, based on all your feedback. Another thought I've had is to try to make some of the goodies they serve at tea at AGP. Any reactions to that idea?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •